Women are extremely influential to the political process. Today women make up a majority of the electorate at both the national level and in Texas. 1
- In 2012 women made up 53% of the national electorate and 67% of all women were registered to vote.
In Texas, we’re competitive and it shows. Texas women out-perform our female friends nationally.
- In 2012, Texas females represented 55% of the state electorate and outnumbered registered male voters by 795,000 voters
Republican leadership knows the female factor is essential to running a successful state. Strong Texas women hold many of the state’s top appointed positions as heads of agencies and judicial posts.
- Governor Rick Perry has made over 2500 female appointments during his tenure as Governor of Texas including the first Hispanic female Secretary of State, first Hispanic female supreme court justice, 1st Indian American female secretary of state, 1st African American Chief Justice of Court of Appeals in Texas, 1st female chief justice of the 8th Court of Appeals. 2
- 60% of Governor Perry’s 256 office employees are women 3
- The Office of Governor Rick Perry – Appointments division